- 2 1/2 Tbsp Red Star Yeast (active dry yeast)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 3/4 cup warm water between 95 and 115 degrees F
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour (or any nut flour)
- 2 1/4 cups tapioca flour (can substitute arrowroot flour)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Add the yeast, honey, and warm water to a large mixing bowl and stir well. Allow mixture to sit 5 minutes to activate the yeast. Whisk the egg, oil, and cider vinegar into the yeast mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the almond flour, tapioca flour and sea salt. Pour this dry mixture into the mixing bowl with the wet mixture and stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a parchment paper lined loaf pan, cover, and put in a warm place. Allow to rise until doubled in volume.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (important to preheat the oven before putting the dough in so it does not fall as much).
- Put loaf pan in oven and bake 50 to 55 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Allow bread to cool in the loaf pan for at least 30 minutes before removing to cut and serve.
- Can be kept in the refrigerator or in the freezer until use.
- Use for toast and/or your favorite sandwiches!
Recipe note: the bread dough should be very thick. If it’s overly dry, you can add a couple of tablespoons of water to get it to the consistency you would like. Note that if you bake a sea level, you may need to adjust the liquid amount and the bake time. This recipe is intended for baking at 6,000 feet of elevation.
Follow this guide for baking at sea level:
- For every 1 tsp baking powder, increase by 1/4 tsp
- For every 1 cup granulated sugar, increase by 2 – 3 tbsp
- For every 1 cup liquid, decrease by 2 -3 tbsp
- For every 1 cup flour, decrease by 1 tbsp