- 2 eggs (organic)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (to the size you like them to be in cake)
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1. In a food processor combine apple, orange juice and almond butter and pulse until well blended
2. Pulse in honey, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
3. Pour batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
4. Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes (or until toothpick comes out clean)
5. Cool and serve with whipped raw cream or creamy cashew frosting or just with chopped nuts baked on top.
6. Options – chopped nuts on top as well as inside, raisins, chopped soft dates, shredded coconut
7. If you like more spice, you can add 1 tsp ginger with or without cloves ¼ tsp.